In connection with our business activities in the development of software and the provision of solutions by use of voice recognition technology, Hmcomm Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “we” “our,” or “us”) considers that it is our responsibility to protect your privacy, personal information, settings, etc.
We will comply with laws and regulations concerning the handling of personal information as well as relevant guidelines and other norms formulated by the national government. For that purpose, we will establish a personal information protection management system that conforms to the Japanese Industrial Standards “Personal Information Protection Management System - Requirements” (JIS Q 15001) and appropriately implement the system.
We will appropriately obtain, use and provide personal information, taking into consideration the details and scale of business. This includes avoiding the handling of personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use and taking measures to ensure strict adherence to that purpose only.
When we outsource the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, we will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over outsourcees in order to ensure the safe management of the personal information that is subject to handling by outsourcees.
Unless we have obtained the consent of the person of personal information or are required by laws and regulations, we will not provide personal information to any third party.
We will take preventive and corrective measures in connection with leakage, loss or damage of personal information.
We will strive to appropriately and promptly respond to complaints and inquiries related to the handling of personal information. We will also accept requests, etc., for disclosure or the like (notification of the purpose of use, or disclosure, corrections, additions or deletions, or suspension of use or provision) of personal data held by us. For procedures for requests for disclosure or the like, please contact the following “Service Desk for Complaints and Inquiries about Personal Information.”
We will continuously improve the personal information protection management system.
Established on July 24, 2012
Revised on December 15, 2014
Representative Director Koji Mitsumoto
While using this Service (ZMEETING), you may be required to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that allows us to contact you. In that case, you may be required to provide information other than personal information as well.
* Information you may be required to provide includes, without limitation:
First name and last name
Use history data
(Matters required to be made public based on the Personal Information Protection Act and the Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) and matters to be made easily available to the person of personal information)
(1) Personal information handled in the course of work outsourced to us by our business partners
・ For the purpose of properly performing the work involving the handling of personal information outsourced by our client companies according to the contract details
(2) Images captured at seminar (event) venues
- For the purpose of recording the management of seminars (events)
(The same data may be used for promotional purposes, however, in that case, it will be used after anonymization so that the person of the data cannot be identified.)
(3) Personal information of the person who made an inquiry by phone
- For the purpose of appropriately responding to and managing inquiries
- ZMEETING is a web service that provides voice recognition, translation, summarization, etc.
- Some functions involved in this service use the Google Calendar API by Google.
We use the Google Calendar API after obtaining authorization credentials for the API. We treat these authorization credentials as confidential.
- In order to access the Google Calendar API, the following URLs are used:
The use of our service requires the following Google user data:
- Google account data
Your e-mail address (to display an access confirmation screen so that authorization credentials can be confirmed)
- Data related to Google Calendar
(1) Schedule registration: Event IDs that are generated when a new schedule registration is made on the Calendar These refer to what is registered on Google Calendar when you register a schedule for a meeting on our service.
(2) Schedule update: Calendar event IDs that are generated when a schedule is updated on the Calendar These refer to what is related to updating a schedule on Google Calendar when you update a schedule for a meeting on our service.
Relevant data is downloaded via SSL encrypted communication. The downloaded data is treated as personal information and stored by us.
We will not transfer the obtained data to any third party. Our service will not use this Google data for advertising or promotional purposes. Our service will use your data after taking measures to make the data undecipherable.
If you wish to revoke access with your Google account, please go to your Google account security settings page (at the following URL) and select “third party access” and confirm the details.
Google Calendar API: https://developers.google.com/calendar
Google Terms of Service: https://policies.google.com/terms?hl=en-US
* Data may be used to identify you in accordance with the purpose of use.
* For inquiries about the disclosure of personal information we hold for work-related purposes, please contact the following Service Desk for Inquiries about Personal Information. We will respond to your inquiries within a reasonable period of time.
<Service Desk for Complaints and Inquiries about Personal Information>
Manager of Intellectual Property Office
(Business hours: 10:00 to 16:00 from Mondays to Fridays excluding public holidays)